Nov 16, 2009

Got my CQ block pieced

I signed up for a CQ for ME challenge that Nicki is hosting on the HGTV quilting board. There was a catch though. We were all sent the same 2 fabrics and 1 motif that we had to incorporate into the piece. We could make what ever we wanted with it. I decided to make a door hanging for my SIL. I did have a hard time at first trying to figure out how I was going to make the teal fabric work for me because I personally like things a bit country, but turns out that the bright teal fabric made the perfect rooster tail. The other fabric was the sage green silk that's in the background. I haven't done any stitching to my block yet but plan to do quite a bit. I'm not sure if I will make the deadline of Jan 1st because I'm over 2 months behind. I'm not giving up though, it's better late then never. I do have a vision in my head of where I'm going with this but you know how that goes, once you get stitching, LOL!!! I see a sunflower in there, maybe some morning glories and some barbed wire on that fence and well we'll see...Here's a few pics of my block I finally got pieced today. I just noticed that part of the tail looks black, but it's not it's just a deeper shade of the teal. I don't know why but my camera makes most darker colored fabrics look black. Maybe I should start taking my pics outside......

6 comments:

  1. That is beautiful!!! The colors work great together!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Last year in your Holiday photo's I noticed you had rooster cansisters. I noticed because I also have them! Guess we are both a little country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful block...you picked the best fabrics to use, so real looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your block! Now that makes 2 I would like to do something like...Maybe a mix of both... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed