Dec 2, 2008

Mini quilt swap


I received the fabrics from my partner Gina for the mini quilt in a bag swap. She likes traditional with a twist quilts. I had a few ideas before I got the fabric, but they all flew out the door once I seen the fabrics. I drew a total and complete blank as what to do. I have been searching high and low on the web and through every book I have looking for the perfect traditional with a twist pattern for the fabrics. I've only come up with one that I think might work, but still hesitant to cut into them yet. I'm open for any and all suggestions.

6 comments:

  1. hhhmmmmm....i hear ya.....nothing just jumps out as an idea...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hummmm well you know how creative Im not so hummmmmmm...last night I got out all the little projects I had hidden under my bed Im going to play with them this month thanks for the inspiration jolt....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any suggestions. I sure am struggling with mine..just too many colors for one quilt, no contrast or lights.

    I had to start all over and add some lights to help out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops sorry you're having a hard time. In my defence Gemma picked them out on my behalf.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you worry, that's part of the fun. I did come up with a pattern that I like, I just hope you like it. I didn't want to make a simple 4-patch or something that took no thought,that I could just throw together. I wanted to make something that I thought you would like. It is important to me, that you are please and can honest say you love it. I've read your blog from day 1 to present and back again. So, I think I know a bit of what your likes and dislikes are. Only thing is, I'm not quite as talented in my skills as you are. I made 2 practice blocks yesterday, and am pleased with them. I didn't want to cut into the fabrics without being 100% sure I could do this. The funny thing is we both chose similar fabrics, how odd is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to check up on you Donna. Haven`t seen you online for a few days and hope you are just catching up with all your Christmas things. Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed