Nov 3, 2008

A first




My daughter just recently moved into her new house and while unpacking we came across one of the first quilts I had made. it is probably my favorite quilts. I have learned a lot since then, but I still wouldn't change anything about this quilt. It brought back a lot of memories for me. I am a self taught quilter and can honestly say I did everything the hard way back then. I have learned a lot by trial and error (lots of errors) but it was all well worth it, I think you learn more by doing then seeing. And I have invented a few of my own technique. As seen in the binding tutorial. But I heard somewhere that there are no mistakes just design opportunities. I truly believe that. There is nothing set in stone when it comes to quilting. So, maybe I will make that quilt I bought lots of fabric for before I was told to use only 100% cotton. I only buy 100% cotton now, but before I learned of good quality quilting fabric I bought what I thought was pretty, and just so happens it wasn't all cotton and has been packed away in a bin. But now that I look back at this quilt and see I used seersucker and muslin, it doesn't matter it was fun to make and I love it as much as my new found fabric quilts.

2 comments:

  1. That was your FIRST quilt? Unbelievable! I love the different Sunbonnet Sue blocks. You did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemma still has the first quilt I ever made. I have made her loads more but the first one is the favourite. It even came to Belgium with us on the weekend

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed